assalamu'alaykum wbt..alhamdulillah..yesterday was the first day of ramadhan for this year..and everything was ok..alhamdulillah..but i'm kind of sad since yesterday was the last day for our Islamic Awareness Week this year.I really enjoyed all of the programs..As yesterday, after the iftar, we had an event at the Education building..We had a wonderful lecture by Sr.Deedra Aboud, director CAIR-AZ from Phoenix about The Rights and Importance of Women in Islam(Gender).She is a convert since Aug 1998..alhamdulillah..baarokallahu fiiha..insyaAllah. Here I want to share something that's really nice from her lecture yesterday.She's is an American and her husband is from Iraq.So, when they have any problem, since they came from different culture, they will decide like; you choose the best from your culture and I'll choose the best from my culture,after that come and sit together,we refer to Islam and get the solution. In Islam, we are the same..So, when I heard this, I think this is so nice and sweet.Wallahu-a'lam..
Saturday, October 16, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment