Sunday, October 16, 2005

CERITA RAMADHAN 12...

Ramadhan 12.. hari berganti hari..today Oct 16 already! oh my..I can't believe this. 2/3 of the semester is gone, Fall/Autumn 2005 is almost done. That means, I have two more months to survive here..the Grand Canyon State..

I work today. I came to this library earlier since I wanted to take some pictures on my way here from my dorm.It's pretty windy today, maybe it's gonna rain soon. Hope not since I have to walk home, and my lovely umbrella is not with me. (kalau hujan pun takper, hujan rahmat..)

Today, I work at Science Library as the Coordinator of the day..coordinating is not a hard job, but it is quite challenging I guess. WHY? Because I have to face different types of workers' behaviours..When I work for the info desk, I have to face different types of customers..For Coordinating,basically after I clock in, I have to do bookdrop pickups to make sure I get all the books that people dropped last night or early this morning when library was still closed. Then, I have to change the HOLD date, and make sure to check in every single book in the bookdrop & bookreturn boxes. Then I have to walk on each floor to make sure how many pickups that need to be done. If I find any weird thing happens up there, I have to come down and report to the on duty staff. Also, I'm the one who have to assign which floors the Shelvers need to do shelving or Pickups.I always have to walk the floors, do pickups from photocopy center and try to help our customers to find books. So, alhamdulillah today, we don't really have problematic customers, so I can sit here and write this!..yeye!! :P

Well, it is still not fun though since I have to be here 11-5pm.. Now I just have one shelver, even though we are suppose to have two. But what can I say since no people sign in this hour yet..It's not bad though because we don't really have books to shelve.Maybe my shelver needs to do shelf reading for the priority areas since they are really messy.

I went to main library to do transit. I had to push the Transit Cart.It was so heavy..but alhamdulillah things were in control. I arrived at main library safely. But on my way back pushing that Transit Cart with a whole bunch of sciece library's books, I was so afraid since there was a big dog looking at me. (siap terjelir lagi..takut maa...) but alhamdulillah, I could do my job, still..ehe..At the same time I saw a sign cardboard on a bike. FOR SALE..Call this number..520-***-****.Both BIKES. The funny thing was, I could see just one bike (it was locked), and next to it was just a wheel (it was locked too). So, I assumed that the other one bike was already got stolen..just the locked wheel left..owh..how sad..

Alright, I have 3 more hours to go for today working here. I want to walk on the floors to see how's my the ONLY one shelver doing.After that insyaAllah, I want to try to read my Levantine Arabic notes, since I have a quiz tomorrow! Have a blessed Ramadhan to all. Thanks for visiting here.

Wassalamu'alaykum warahmatullah..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kesian ni kes beskal kena curi..

Anonymous said...

wow..do not need to understand..hihi